Overlooked posts to get a 2nd chance | To read your copy of Who's Blogging What in your browser click here
Who's Blogging What Who?
  Aug 8 2013 -  Spotting things you'll want to see today.
Services»     |Subscribe|    |Twitter Feed|    |Facebook Page|    |Pinterest|    |Archives| |Contact Us|  

This is the August 8 2013 edition of Who's Blogging What, a newsletter that closely monitors 1,100 top web marketing blogs for online professionals involved in social media, search marketing, email, user experience and web analytics. Subscribers are updated with highlights and useful new links every Thursday. If you would like to be kept up to date you may enter your email address in the box at the right.

Our Privacy Policy clearly states that we will never sell, rent, share or do anything else with your email address that you wouldn't do yourself.

Share this newsletter:

Share a copy of this newsletter on Twitter Share a copy of this newsletter on LinkedIn Share a copy of this newsletter on Google+ Share a copy of this newsletter on Facebook

A 2nd chance for Facebook posts

Feed Bump

Using impeccable timing, Facebook chose this slow August week to announce a change in the algorithm that determines what users will see in their newsfeed. Items that users just happen to miss will get a second chance if enough other people Like or otherwise engage with them. Wishpond looked at this new concept of 'story bumping' and how it updates the important EdgeRank algorithm. Facebook's announcement included the statistic that users only scroll through 57% of the items in their feed; story bumping will attempt to go through the remaining 43% and make a guess as to what might have been considered worthwhile. PC World examined the challenges that this increased competition for views will mean to businesses fighting for valuable space in the news feed.

Facebook also announced something called 'last actor' that will benefit posts based on the last 50 interactions of the user (with people or Pages) and an improvement to provide a Twitteresque style of real time posts. Econsultancy looked at all of the announcements and provided five takeaways for marketers.


New: The Social Business Textbook

Download the Textbook here

While social media practitioners must continue to anticipate change, it is important to take note of the lessons that have already been learned. The Social Business Textbook provides a foundational curriculum on the basics of social business, outlining eight major concepts with thorough explanations and textbook examples.

Download this 46-page Textbook for an in-depth review of key concepts, strategies for success, planning action items, and brand examples for practical application. Benefit from understanding the history of earned, owned and paid media that advances social marketing objectives.

This report is provided courtesy of Spredfast,
a tackler of social media's toughest challenges.



Social textbook

Download Now



The most useful posts of the week
Social Media

Search Marketing

User Experience

Email Marketing

Analytics

Radar Screen




Twitter We also have a great Twitter feed, please don't forget to follow. Twitter




You are receiving this newsletter because our records indicate that you subscribed to the web marketing version of Who's Blogging What. If you wish to be removed from the list please use the link below. Our customer service is at service@whosbloggingwhat.com.
We welcome your comments at feedback@whosbloggingwhat.com or via our web site.

This newsletter is available by subscription only but you can subscribe (free) here:

Home Subscribe Register Your Blog About Advertise Privacy Contact



Who's Blogging What ©2012